About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Sunday 18 April 2010

Yellow Tulip Necklace


I'm continuing to develop my crystal tulip design and really wanted to see what it looked like in a traditional tulip colour. I found these lovely yellow firepolished beads and the pearl in my stash and knew they would be perfect. It took me a while to decide what shade of green to use on the strap, in the end I decided to use silver lined green at the core to add depth and a transparent ab finish which picks up from the yellow in the tulip. I originally had a more elaborate necklace planned but eventually realised that a simple one would be best to showcase the flower. I even took a halfway decent photo!

6 comments:

Sam said...

you are so clever! :) x

Rose said...

I think the colors are perfect! I love tulips and this necklace is LOVELY!

DVArtist said...

This looks pretty nice to me. The colors are great together.
Nicole/Beadwright

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! I really love the design of the tulip and the simple rope is just perfect. A great photo too :)

Liz x

Bobbi Ann said...

This is so beautiful Sarah! The colors are wonderful and I just love the tulip! Very gorgeous! Hope your day is a wonderful one. Bead Happy!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Clair said...

Sarah! So glad to find your blog through your comment on mine. Such wonderful inspiration here - and from so close to home. Not often I find a UK beader.

Loving your flower burst rings and sure to check back to see what other lovelies you come up with next x