About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Eat Your Heart Out Carmen Miranda!

When I was little, one of my jobs at Christmas was arranging the special Christmas fruit bowl for my Nan. We always had a great selection at Christmas, it was probably the only time of the year that we would have both grapes and pineapple, both of which were generally a special treat. I don't think we'd discovered Kiwi fruits at that point, it was the early eighties, lol.
These days we have a lot more access to fruits at all times of the year, but I still remember the excitement of the first peaches and strawberries of the season, I don't get that anymore. I'm not really complaining though! I had some fun today arranging this silly Carmen Miranda style fruit bowl and remembering the excitement of preparing for Christmas with my beloved late Gran.