Back in October, my lovely friends bought me a beautiful set of stone baked beads from Julie Fountain at Lush Beads http://www.lushlampwork.co.uk/userimages/procart13.htm . I have made a bracelet with them but the jury is out on whether it really does it justice. I had one left, this beautiful cream bead with little strands of silver. It's got a really lovely organic, natural look to it so I really wanted to make something with it.
Earlier today, I had a marathon earring making session so I had my wire and tools already set out. I chose some gorgeous antique brass coloured wire, wrapped it around a ring mandrel to get the shape, added a bead and wrapped underneath it. I then used a thinner gauge to coil around the ring band. It fits and wears very comfortably so I may add this to April Is Forever products at some point.
- I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.
Friday, 11 June 2010
A couple of weeks ago the lovely Belinda Saville awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. I was very excited and couldn't wait to thank her and blog about it but needed to think of 7 things, unfortunately best laid plans and all that. Life threw my family a curve ball the last few weeks so I have kind of been out of the loop.
But better late than never! I'd like to thank Belinda, I love her blog and her work and in fact she inspires me to want to take my beadwork to the next level as she has achieved so much in the relatively short time she has been beading. Here is a link to Belinda's blog http://belindasaville.blogspot.com/, go check it out, I promise you will be glad you did!
The rules for this award are
1. Post the award on my blog
2. Thank the person who gave me the award
3. Link the person who gave me this award
4. Share 7 things that you probably don't know about me
5. Choose 7 great bloggers to give the award to
6. Share a link to their blogs
7. Leave a comment on their blog
OK so 7 things you don't know about me, hmmm this could be embarrassing!
1. My full first name is Sarah-Jane, I have had words with my mother about this, she can't understand my problem as she thinks it is a lovely name. Well yes it may well be, just so long as you are under 12 years old, not so much for a grown women!
2. The worst haircut I ever had was when I was 15, she went scissor happy and as I am very short sighted and did not have my glasses on, I did not realise how dreadfully short my hair was going. I put my glasses on to find I had what amounted to a flat top, burst into tears and cried all the way home on the bus. Just to put the icing on the cake, I got suspended from school for it! At least my hair wasn't so hideous by the time I was allowed back.
3. I hate Celery, it is the most disgusting food stuff on this planet!
4. I am slightly melodramatic and have a tendency to exaggerate ( see no 3 for an example)
5. I own a beautiful red, shiny, pretty acoustic guitar, which I am trying to learn to play.
6. I hate feet and can't stand for mine to be touched, my son thinks this is very funny and the basis for a great game.
7. I make a fierce Margherita!
The 7 bloggers I would like to know a little bit more about are;
Bobbi at http://bobbianncook.blogspot.com/
Nicole at http://beadwright.blogspot.com/
Rose at http://ahteesblog.blogspot.com/