About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Sunday 10 October 2010

The Welsh Bead Fair.

Well, I know I am supposed to be tackling the bead stash, but bead fairs don't come around that often here and I have got a lot of events to show at before Christmas, so I needed new stock, honest ;-)

The Welsh Bead Fair was held today st the Village Hotel in Cardiff and I was lucky enough to meet up with an online beading buddy, the lovely CraftyCarol. The event is quite small but enough to do some damage at, I purposefully left the plastic at home. The only thing I was disappointed at was the lack of chains and sterling silver findings but I did keep some of my budget back so I can stock up online this week.I left my camera at home so could not take photo's at the fair but I thought you might like to see the goodies I brought home.

First up are these lovely ceramic beads from Moon Beads,


I bought some beautiful and funky focal beads from The Beads Nest,


The stall I did most damage to my Budget at was Anita's Beads, I got some fabulous glass pearls,



Some lovely glass including some honkingly big black rondelles,


More glass beads and some fantastic pendants,


These beautiful lampwork beads are from Debbie Dew,


I tried to contain the seed bead buying but could not resist these three tubes,



And last but not least are two Stringing magazines and a fabulous book by Laura McCabe.

That lot should keep busy for a while!
Happy Sunday everyone!
Sarahx

4 comments:

Sam said...

oooh i love the round glass beads at the bottom of the fourth picture from the bottom :) so cute!

you had a good haul! x

Pretty Things said...

Bead Fairs are the BEST! Alas, I've been cutting myself off due to my son's new tuition bills BUT I still find myself roaming around Etsy late at night when no one can see me.....

hello gorgeous said...

Poopydoms....I missed it! After telling myself that it was coming up too! >:o/

Love the stash you came away with, especially the big black rondelles, they are monsters! Love the coin glass beads too....lush colours!

Any ideas of what you are gonna create? Can't wait to see ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone! I haven't got any plans yet, but hope to have a play with them this weekend