About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Saturday 7 January 2012

Earth Song - A Successful Search through Stash

This year I would like to make some more adventurous pieces than I have been doing recently, some of my favourite pieces have been bigger, multi stitch designs and I haven't done for a while as I have been concentrating on smaller and quicker pieces to build up stock in my Etsy shop. So this morning I picked up and flicked through Margie Deeb's Beader's Colour Palette, a book which always inspires me to want to try something a bit different.

As I put the book down and went stash diving, I kept hearing two words in my head, Earth Song, so decided that that would be the theme of my next piece. I must have a serious case of denial about my stash, because I can remember thinking that I wouldn't have much that would fit that theme. As you can see below, I was very wrong there!

I juts pulled out everything that I felt fit with the theme, as you can see I have quite a selection to choose from, semi precious, lampwork, crystals, Vintaj components and lots of seed beads.


Here is a closer shot of the lampwork, I don't remember who made what, but pretty sure at least some of them are by Debbie Dew & Ray Skene.


I am hoping to use these large ovals, they are so pretty!


Next job is to refine my choices and decide what stitches to use, I am thinking there may be a freeform element.

Happy beading!

Sarahx

4 comments:

DaniRae said...

Can't wait to see what you create!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a lot of yummies to play with. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them
Gemxxx

Becs Dean said...

You could do some beautiful embroidery with that theme and those beads!

Shirley said...

What a gorgeous bead soup!