About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Monday 24 October 2011

A Bit of Stashbusting.

Those of you who also follow Operation Tackle That Bead Stash will already know about our stashbusting beadalong. A few of us from the OTTBS Facebook group have set goals to finish a project by Christmas and just by chance, we have all chosen Laura McCabe projects.

I have had Laura's Embellished Beadweaving for a while but have not made anything yet, so I have chosen her April Showers Necklace. I am not a big fan of working with size 15's but so far it is going okay. Here is a photo of my progress so far.



I am using fewer colours than Laura suggests, I am kind of making up that part as I go along, next up I need to make the Pagoda embellishments before Friday so that I can update my progress over on OTTBS.

Happy Beading!
Sarahx

No comments: