About Me

My photo
I am a bit of a hippy at heart, although I am a bit to young to have been a flower child (I was a New Romantic as a teenager). I love the individuality and colourfulness of the arty, hippy style and like to express that love of colour in my jewellery and I seem to be increasingly drawn to nature as inspiration for my beadwork.

Monday 27 September 2010

A is for Autumn & Acorns.

Here in Wales the weather is decidedly autumnal, chilly mornings and evenings interspersed with bright sunshine in the day. I love September, we very often have have beautiful weather this month and I work in a building surrounded by trees which are a treat to look out of the window at.

I like to bead the seasons and have made flowers for spring and summer and icy crystal necklaces for the winter. However, apart from one choker with a Russian leaf centrepiece, I have never beaded autumn, until now that is. I was playing about with the technique that I use for my tulips and bell flowers and realised that I could make a pretty little bead cap. I then figured out that if I popped that bead cap on top of a bead that was a just too big for it, it made a perfect little acorn. Once I made one, I couldn't stop! Here are three of the necklaces that I have made so far. I have also made a little green and silver one but I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet.






No comments: